The Moredun Group is seeking a Technical Officer to join a small enthusiastic team working within Moredun Scientific, involved in the conduct of safety studies evaluating a range of human and veterinary health products.
The Biosafety In-vitro Division is involved in the performance of microbiological testing procedures to ensure sterility and absence of Mycoplasma contaminants in intermediate and final biological products.
The role involves carrying out procedures in line with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and study plans and the recording of raw data in accordance with data integrity and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) standards. The role also includes the maintenance of a clean working environment and monitoring of the environment using practices compliant with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP).
It is essential that you have a recognised Higher National Certificate/Diploma or Degree, in Biological Sciences or a related discipline.
The post requires an enthusiastic candidate with a good eye for detail, diligence and accuracy in data recording, written and oral communication and an ability to perform work to a consistently high standard.
In addition, ideally you will have:
- An understanding of good Aseptic techniques
- Experience in the performance of Microbiological assays
- An ability to accurately understand and execute processes in accordance with defined Standard Operating Procedures.
- A working understanding of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) regulations
You may be required to participate in weekend rota, for which additional payment is made.
How to apply
To apply, please complete the application form and email the completed form to [email protected].
In addition to access to training and development opportunities, you will access to:
- Competitive pension scheme – a minimum contribution of 5% and Moredun contributing a maximum of 15%.
- Group Life Assurance Scheme and an Income Protection Scheme
- Flexi-time system
- 6 weeks annual leave plus 7 days public holidays and a privilege day
- Free access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Benefits platform offering discounts at various retailers
The Moredun Group operates a number of policies including access to a family healthcare scheme and flexible working arrangements. We are also proud to have a Gold Award for the Healthy Working Lives and works hard to promote a healthy lifestyle.
We are committed to creating a positive and inclusive environment, respecting equality and diversity and encouraging good relations. We welcome applications from people irrespective of their age, sex, religion or belief, race, disability or sexual orientation.